Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reverse Engineer complex spreadsheet

I'm working with a team reverse engineering a rather complex workbook.
The author is helping, but is available on a very limited basis. I've
mostly been using the Audit features to trace precedents and
dependents and manually drawing diagrams showing these relationships,
which is cumbersome and slow. Does anyone have any good suggestions
beyond what I'm already doing on how to expedite this process? Any
tracing macros that will ID all downstream dependents cells of a given
cell? Any clever techniques that would make this easier? I feel like
I'm sawing down a redwood with a Swiss Army knife! :)

Thanks!