Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Store information

I am creating a Excel Plugin. I want to store some information regarding the
user who creates that excel and the person who modify it subsequently.

I want to store this info in some hidden way, available to be viewed only
thought a custom menu item/ dialog box I create.

This is possible in word using the ".variable" property where in i can
create a "embedded" variable in the document and can refer to it
programatically. I dont see any such facility in Excel.

Any Comments/ Suggestion will be useful.

-Satin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Their is nothing like the .Variable property in Excel.
The easiest thing to do (and the most accessible for you) is keep such
information on a hidden sheet. You can make this very hidden (so that
it cannot be unhidden from the menu bar) using

worksheets("Notes").Visible = xlVeryHidden

code will unhide it
worksheets("Notes").Visible = TRUE

but you won't see the sheet in the collection of hidden sheets if you
try and go look for it.

regards
Paul

On May 3, 7:48 am, Satin wrote:
I am creating a Excel Plugin. I want to store some information regarding the
user who creates that excel and the person who modify it subsequently.

I want to store this info in some hidden way, available to be viewed only
thought a custom menu item/ dialog box I create.

This is possible in word using the ".variable" property where in i can
create a "embedded" variable in the document and can refer to it
programatically. I dont see any such facility in Excel.

Any Comments/ Suggestion will be useful.

-Satin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Paul.

This is the last resort I have. It is quite surprising that Excel does not
provide any such feature while it is present is word(.variable) and
powerpoint(.tag). Same Owner.. different models ..!! Hail MS.

Cheers ;-)
-Satin

On May 3, 7:48 am, Satin wrote:
I am creating a Excel Plugin. I want to store some information regarding the
user who creates that excel and the person who modify it subsequently.

I want to store this info in some hidden way, available to be viewed only
thought a custom menu item/ dialog box I create.

This is possible in word using the ".variable" property where in i can
create a "embedded" variable in the document and can refer to it
programatically. I dont see any such facility in Excel.

Any Comments/ Suggestion will be useful.

-Satin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Word and powerpoint are about text, while Excel is about data would be
the rationale I suppose? The easiest place to keep data is on a
worksheet, so why reinvent the wheel??
Paul

On May 3, 7:48 am, Satin wrote:
I am creating a Excel Plugin. I want to store some information regarding the
user who creates that excel and the person who modify it subsequently.

I want to store this info in some hidden way, available to be viewed only
thought a custom menu item/ dialog box I create.

This is possible in word using the ".variable" property where in i can
create a "embedded" variable in the document and can refer to it
programatically. I dont see any such facility in Excel.

Any Comments/ Suggestion will be useful.

-Satin- Hide quoted text -