Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Store Information but not in a Workbook

Hi All,

I have a large dynamic spreadsheet that has a number of different settings
which I am currently storing on a hidden worksheet.

Most of the settings are either True / False with some integers as well.

Is there a better / more profesional way that I can store the settings. Can
I write code that will update a VBA script or similar which holds all of the
setting information.

A few pointers on where to look would be very helpful.

Thanks

Andi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at GetSetting and SaveSetting which writes your values to the
registry.

You can also use defined names. (make them not visible).

However, if you have a lot of settings, I don't see anything unprofessional
using a hidden worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Andibevan" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a large dynamic spreadsheet that has a number of different settings
which I am currently storing on a hidden worksheet.

Most of the settings are either True / False with some integers as well.

Is there a better / more profesional way that I can store the settings.

Can
I write code that will update a VBA script or similar which holds all of

the
setting information.

A few pointers on where to look would be very helpful.

Thanks

Andi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom that's great.

I only thought it would be unprofessional if there was another widely used
approach I had looked over.

Thanks

Andi