Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot table page filtter default value

Hi Excel Gods,

My macro pre-filters data from a series of master lists, copies this data
into other sheets from which each pivot table acquires its data, and refresh
this series of pivot tables. My problem occurs when I run the macro when new
data has been populated. Often when the data doesn't contain my reporting
parameter during a particular week, my macro will default the page filter to
"All" (or some other parameter) and not to the reporting parameter since it
is not present in this week's data. The problem arises when I run the macro
during the following week and my reporting parameter is again present in the
data. Since my page filter was pegged at "All" the previous week, it will not
return to my targed paramater but will stay at "All". How do I
programmatically peg my page filter to my reporting parameter when the data
parameter is present in my master list and when it is not, have the page
filter show a default of, say, "blank", or someother other dummy variable
until the time at which my parameter of interest is again present in my data
set?

Thanks in advance!
Kent Lysell
Financial Consultant