Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activate vs Select a sheet

Hello all,

What is the difference between these two:
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, I understand that I can click on a sheet tab with the mouse to activate
it.
Then if I Ctrl-click I can select additional sheets.
Howver letws say we are dealing with just 2 hseets in the workbook.
If Sheet2 is active then the command Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
is the same as clicking on the Sheet1 tab with the mouse.
Does the command Sheets("Sheet1").Select do exactly the same thing?

"John Broderick" wrote:

Hello all,

What is the difference between these two:
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello John,

Yes, if you only have 2 sheets, it is no difference.

Sheets("Sheet1").Activate is the same as clicking on the Sheet1 tab with
the mouse.

What's your problem you are facing?

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Wei

I am reading through someone else's code, and they seem to use
Sheets("Sheet1").Select where
I would have used Sheets("Sheet1").Activate.
I think I understand the difference between Activate and Select as applied
to cell ranges, but
I was not too sure when applied to sheets.
It was unfamiliar to me and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing
somthing.

John

"Wei Lu [MSFT]" wrote in message
Hello John,

Yes, if you only have 2 sheets, it is no difference.

Sheets("Sheet1").Activate is the same as clicking on the Sheet1 tab with
the mouse.

What's your problem you are facing?

Sincerely,

Wei Lu