Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default select vs activate

While a Selection of cells may contain any number of cells, only
a single cell may be active. Select selects a range of cells, and
Activate make one of those cells Active. For single cell ranges,
Select and Activate do the same thing. For multi-cell ranges,
Activate makes one of the selected cells Active. For example, run
the following code:

Sub AAA()
Range("A1:A10").Select
Range("A5").Activate

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Simon Shaw" wrote in
message
what is the difference between using .Select and .Activate?
i.e. why would I
use one vs the other? When I use .Select I find I get more
errors, but its
not consistent.