Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Difference between .Activate and .Select

Please clear up a bit of fog for me.
When I run:
Sheet04.Activate
Sheet05.Select
both have the same effect; they make the sheet active.
But I'm thinking that there must be, perhaps, a suttle difference between
the two.
Can anyone tell me what the suttle difference might be, and when it would be
more approriate to use one over the other?
Thanks
TTFN
JMMach

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the subtle differences are more in selecting ranges

Range("A1:B9").Select
Range("B5").Activate

makes B5 the active cell in the A1:B9 selection.

Tom Ogilvy

"JMMach, MCSC" wrote in message
Please clear up a bit of fog for me.
When I run:
Sheet04.Activate
Sheet05.Select
both have the same effect; they make the sheet active.
But I'm thinking that there must be, perhaps, a suttle difference between
the two.
Can anyone tell me what the suttle difference might be, and when it would

be
more approriate to use one over the other?
Thanks
TTFN
JMMach

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's at least one use...

To select a cell or a range of cells, use the Select method. To make
single cell the active cell, use the Activate method. Notice how th
example "selects" the range, but "activate" will move to the cel
without losing the original "select" criteria.

Example...

Range("A1:B3").Select
Range("A2").Activat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to Tom & You E_R the fog is lifted.
Much appreciated. Thanks.
TTFN
JMMach

"E_R " wrote in message
Here's at least one use...

To select a cell or a range of cells, use the Select method. To make a
single cell the active cell, use the Activate method. Notice how the
example "selects" the range, but "activate" will move to the cell
without losing the original "select" criteria.

Example...

Range("A1:B3").Select
Range("A2").Activate

---