Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Camera Tool Automated Placement

I'm dashboarding with Excel and have everything finished except for
programmatic placement of camera objects. Here's the gist:

My dashboard selects an image to copy with the camera tool based on the
results of various lookup and choose functions applied to data pulled from an
ODBC query embedded in a worksheet. The Camera object is placed on a display
worksheet so that the dashboard is nothing more than a worksheet with a
collection of camera objects referencing various data and images from other
hidden worksheets.

My question is: how do I automagically determine the display position of the
camera object based on data in another worksheet? For instance, if Sheet3!A1
equals C14, then I want a particular camera image to show up at Sheet1!C14.
The idea is kind of like an autogenerated map - if the data says a "red
truck" is in "texas", then I want a camera object pointing at "red truck" to
pop up in the location "texas".

I have everything working except that the resultant image has to be manually
placed - how do I do this programmatically? Please note that everything I
know about programming came from the back of a Wheaties box.

Thanks.