Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Using Camera Tool

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to be able to use the camera tool to copy the legend box to use
for a series of graphs that will be displayed together to make the space for
each chart larger.

Unfortunately it greys out when I try to select any elements of the chart.

Does anyone know how I can do this please

Cheers
--
Mifty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The camera tool allows you to display what ever is in or above a range of
cells.
So I guess you would need to select the cells under the chart legend.

If the button is grayed out it would suggest you have a chart sheet rather
than an object on a worksheet.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Mifty" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to be able to use the camera tool to copy the legend box to
use
for a series of graphs that will be displayed together to make the space
for
each chart larger.

Unfortunately it greys out when I try to select any elements of the chart.

Does anyone know how I can do this please

Cheers
--
Mifty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Andy,

Still stuck.

The chart is an object on the same worksheet as raw data and not as a
separate sheet. Is that what you meant?

I can only select a chart within a range of cells. If I click on the chart
itself the camera tool greys out.

Hoping you can help

Cheers

--
Mifty

"Mifty" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to be able to use the camera tool to copy the legend box to
use
for a series of graphs that will be displayed together to make the space
for
each chart larger.

Unfortunately it greys out when I try to select any elements of the chart.

Does anyone know how I can do this please

Cheers
--
Mifty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

As I said the camera tool links to cells not shapes or chart or elements
within charts.
It will display shapes, charts etc if they are positioned over the range of
cells the camera is linked to.

So you need to select the cell that the legend is covering.

Cheers
Andy