Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default new worksheet with 4 columns only

Hi;
By default, my excel creates new worksheet with 256 columns
and column headings A, B, C, ...
I'd like to create a new worksheet with 4 columns only
and set the column headings to "Last","First","e-mail","Phone".
Thanks. Boba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Boba,

The number of columns is immutable but you could hide
the unwanted columns.With the columns to hide selected:

Format | Column | Hide

You cannot uitilise user defined column headers. Perhaps,
try inserting the desired headers on the first row and freeze
the row: with cell A2 selected:

Window | Freeze Panes

---
Regards,
Norman

"Boba" wrote in message
Hi;
By default, my excel creates new worksheet with 256 columns
and column headings A, B, C, ...
I'd like to create a new worksheet with 4 columns only
and set the column headings to "Last","First","e-mail","Phone".
Thanks. Boba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Whilst you make a worksheet look very different to a normal Excel worksheet,
it will still contain 256 columns and have columns labels as normal.
Record a macro whilst you hide all the other columns, add the required
headers and possible play with the settings on ToolsOptionsView.

NickHK

"Boba" wrote in message
Hi;
By default, my excel creates new worksheet with 256 columns
and column headings A, B, C, ...
I'd like to create a new worksheet with 4 columns only
and set the column headings to "Last","First","e-mail","Phone".
Thanks. Boba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks.