Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing cell text color based on cell number

From: "W. Wheeler"
Subject: Changing cell text color based on cell number
Date: Friday, April 13, 2007 10:34 PM

I like the way this works. But is there some way to make it work if the
Range is derived as the result of a formula. As it stands now I have to
place my cursor in the cell and then it will change. It would be great if
it did it automatically. Any ideas on how to do this?

WBW

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If Int(.Value) < .Value Then
.Interior.Colorindex = 5
Else
.Interior.Colorindex = 3
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"scotty" wrote in message
Sorry! Any whole number I.E, 3,23,45,67,etc blue
any decimal number I.E.2.4, 12.4,45.9,75.1,etc red

Thanks bunch

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

What color do you want for 87.3? 49.7? etc.

List all number and color combinations. Remember there are only 56
possible colors in xl2003 and prior.

Tom Ogilvy

"scotty" wrote:

Thanks. That worked for it initial condition, yet I had to change to
font
over interior color. Can you set it up for all numbers or do you have
to add
a case line for each value you will be using. Numbers I will be using
are
anywhere from 1-100

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

maybe you want

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Select Case .Value
Case 20: .Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'red
Case 20.1: .Interior.ColorIndex = 5 'blue
etc.
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

or maybe even

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If Int(.Value) < .Value Then
.Interior.Colorindex = 5
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

---
HTH

Bob

(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in
my addy)

"scotty" wrote in message
I have one column of 50 rows in which I put input Whole numbers.
In cell
A1
I may input 20. When I input that I may want the text color red or
I may
want
it to be blue. How can I dictate what color is used with out
having to
change the color manually. I was working along the lines of if I
enter 20
it
is blue and If I enter 20.1 is red and format the cells so they
dislay
zero
decimal points. I have not been able to figure this out. Help is
Appreciated