Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
len len is offline

Default Loan calculator- Payment

Hi Everyone,

What I want to be able to do is enter the payment, interest rate, and number
of years on a loan and then have the spread sheet tell me how much I can
borrow. Does anyone know of any Excel templates that do this?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the free Excel add-in "Calculate Payments".
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
No registration required.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Len"
wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
What I want to be able to do is enter the payment, interest rate, and number
of years on a loan and then have the spread sheet tell me how much I can
borrow. Does anyone know of any Excel templates that do this?
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way, assuming monthly payments:

A1: Payment
A2: Interest Rate
A3: Number of years

A4: =PV(A2/12, A3*12, -A1)

In article ,
Len wrote:

Hi Everyone,

What I want to be able to do is enter the payment, interest rate, and number
of years on a loan and then have the spread sheet tell me how much I can
borrow. Does anyone know of any Excel templates that do this?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Hi Len,

Yes, Excel does have such a template. If you installed the samples and
templates, you should be able to find several of them in the dialog that
appears when you right-click a sheet tab and choose Insert... on the shortcut
menu.

Look for "Loan Amortization" on the Spreadsheet Solutions tab in that dialog.

HTH
Regards,
Garry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Len -

Another option is: www.dinkytown.com (yes, dinkytown...).

On the dinkytown.com HomePage you'll see a list of "Loan Calculators."
Choose 'Amortizing Loan Calculator'.

---
Jay