-   -   Loan calculator- Payment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/387853-loan-calculator-payment.html)

len

Loan calculator- Payment

Hi Everyone,

What I want to be able to do is enter the payment, interest rate, and number
of years on a loan and then have the spread sheet tell me how much I can
borrow. Does anyone know of any Excel templates that do this?

Thank You

Jim Cone

Loan calculator- Payment

Try the free Excel add-in "Calculate Payments".
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
No registration required.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Len"
wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
What I want to be able to do is enter the payment, interest rate, and number
of years on a loan and then have the spread sheet tell me how much I can
borrow. Does anyone know of any Excel templates that do this?
Thank You

JE McGimpsey

Loan calculator- Payment

One way, assuming monthly payments:

A1: Payment
A2: Interest Rate
A3: Number of years

A4: =PV(A2/12, A3*12, -A1)

In article ,
Len wrote:

Hi Everyone,

What I want to be able to do is enter the payment, interest rate, and number
of years on a loan and then have the spread sheet tell me how much I can
borrow. Does anyone know of any Excel templates that do this?

Thank You

GS

Loan calculator- Payment

Hi Len,

Yes, Excel does have such a template. If you installed the samples and
templates, you should be able to find several of them in the dialog that
appears when you right-click a sheet tab and choose Insert... on the shortcut
menu.

Look for "Loan Amortization" on the Spreadsheet Solutions tab in that dialog.

HTH
Regards,
Garry

Jay

Loan calculator- Payment

Hi Len -

Another option is: www.dinkytown.com (yes, dinkytown...).

On the dinkytown.com HomePage you'll see a list of "Loan Calculators."
Choose 'Amortizing Loan Calculator'.

---
Jay