Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Listing

I want to have an input box where I list an item. There is a calculation run
pertaining to that item and it is given a numerical property. Then I need
them all to be listed according to this property. The order in which they
are listed then is the reference for the next item.

Example:
Elephant = 12,000 lbs.
Calculation transfers to tons.
Elephant is listed in order above rhinocerous, 4 tons, and orca 14 tons.
Blue Whale is listed and 200,000lbs.
And then would need to know to look at elephant which was entered before to
compare weights. Can this be done?

I will be inputing type into b2 and the weight in lbs in d2. Then the list
is in the column H. I need the program to look at d2, calculate weight in
tons, place in proper order in column H, and not eliminate when cleared.
Then the next entry judges its order in the column H, by the items already
there.

Complex, huh? See what you can do. Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Not complex at all, if you know how many pounds in a ton and how to use
basic formulae and "sort".

The question is why you would want VBA to do this. What's the gain ?

Tim