Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Enz Enz is offline

Default Currency List Dropdown for Worksheet

I have a worksheet where I would like to create a list that contains
all the currencies that Excel has available (similar as when you
select Format - Cells - Number - Currency, and then there is a
dropdown list for Symbol). Once the person selects the currency the
Worksheet numeric cells are then formatted with the currency
selected. I am aware of the NumberFormat, and I have recorded a macro
that obtains the currency selected. The part I am not sure how to do
is to get the list of the currencies that Excel has, that I can
display in my List for the user to choose from?

I think this probably has been done, but I have not been able to
locate a sample yet. Any ideas or recommendations?

thanks,
Enzo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

enzo -
i remembered i responded to a thread quite a while ago on this
subject......

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...68288805cac93e

i believe i made myself a sample testing workbook & made it work, but
i can't find it right this second.......
will keep looking :)
susan

On Apr 19, 2:03 pm, Enz wrote:
I have a worksheet where I would like to create a list that contains
all the currencies that Excel has available (similar as when you
select Format - Cells - Number - Currency, and then there is a
dropdown list for Symbol). Once the person selects the currency the
Worksheet numeric cells are then formatted with the currency
selected. I am aware of the NumberFormat, and I have recorded a macro
that obtains the currency selected. The part I am not sure how to do
is to get the list of the currencies that Excel has, that I can
display in my List for the user to choose from?

I think this probably has been done, but I have not been able to
locate a sample yet. Any ideas or recommendations?

thanks,
Enzo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i found it..............
i used an option button to tell it which custom currency format to
apply to the selection.

you could record a macro formatting several numbers, one @ a time, in
different currency formats to see how the macro recorder writes them.
then you could assign a variable name to each format, and list the
names in a listbox........... whichever name is selected from the
listbox applies the correct currency formatting.

this was my code from my worksheet:

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()

'i had the selection pre-selected by a named range....
'you could just select what you needed & then run
'this & it would work on just what you selected.

Application.Goto Reference:="ChangeSymbol"
Selection.NumberFormat = "[$$-409]#,##0.00"
OptionButton1.Value = False

End Sub

hope this helps!
susan

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rogramming/bro...

On Apr 19, 2:03 pm, Enz wrote:

I have a worksheet where I would like to create a list that contains
all the currencies that Excel has available (similar as when you
select Format - Cells - Number - Currency, and then there is a
dropdown list for Symbol). Once the person selects the currency the
Worksheet numeric cells are then formatted with the currency
selected. I am aware of the NumberFormat, and I have recorded a macro
that obtains the currency selected. The part I am not sure how to do
is to get the list of the currencies that Excel has, that I can
display in my List for the user to choose from?

I think this probably has been done, but I have not been able to
locate a sample yet. Any ideas or recommendations?

thanks,
Enzo- Hide quoted text -