Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Challenge for the day.

Here goes. say I have a topic in C6 named banana (drop down menu) and I
want it to look up data( will have from apple to zulu fruit) in G35 :H126 and
if it matchs then put the value of aa2 which is 2 in the appropiate column
in L35:M126. What is the frormula in excel not VBA? IE C6 is apple going down
G column it finds apple at 37, 39, 56, 78,79, 80, 100, 126 and in the H
column it finds apple in 38, 52, 56, 126. I wnt it to put a 2 in each of the
correct cells down the L and M columns.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Note that worksheet functions in cells can't "put" values in other
cells. If you want a worksheet solution, then one way:

L35: =IF(G35=$C$6,$AA$2,"")

Copy L35 to L35:M126

In article ,
Khanjohn wrote:

Here goes. say I have a topic in C6 named banana (drop down menu) and I
want it to look up data( will have from apple to zulu fruit) in G35 :H126 and
if it matchs then put the value of aa2 which is 2 in the appropiate column
in L35:M126. What is the frormula in excel not VBA? IE C6 is apple going down
G column it finds apple at 37, 39, 56, 78,79, 80, 100, 126 and in the H
column it finds apple in 38, 52, 56, 126. I wnt it to put a 2 in each of the
correct cells down the L and M columns.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks now here is second part of question: I need it to match as the range
will be from C6:C14 that it needs to match so dpes L35:
=IF(G35=$C$6:$C$14,$AA$2,"") work then? i ahve numerous areas i would like
to match to data.