Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Who's up for a Challenge?

To the Masters of Excel:

My name is Gary, and I need some help from one of you Masters!

What I'm looking for is help in an 2003 Excel format to show running totals
and percentages. And what I need to do is to show a running total going down
column G and than calculate the percentage in columns H for 2%, I for 4%, and
J for 6% for that total in column G.

I can attach a spreadsheet that I'm working on for your reference if needed.
Just shoot a reply to or to the Discussion Group, and
I'll send it to you. I know that someone out there knows how to do this.
Just please point me in the right direction, I'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Gary

--
See you at the Top!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

G is a running total of what? the columns H, I, J are percentages of
what? the running total? or of the first percentage value? for H the
percentage would be =G1/100*4/100 and formast the cell as percent (gives
4.00%), is this what you wanted?
Growe1;270399 Wrote:
[...]

Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'The Code Cage' (
http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75381

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Simon,

And I'm sorry that I did not give you more info about what I needed to do.
Here's a better example: Below is my Amount Received, and then my running
Total in column G. Then comes the percentages of 2% in H, 4% in I, and 6% in
J, which looks like this on the spreadsheet.

Amount Received Total 2% 4% 6%
$26,277,077 $26,277,077 $525,542 $1,051,083 $1,576,625
$6,192,000 $32,469,077 $649,382 $1,298,763
$600,000 $33,069,077 $661,382
$498,028 $34,167,105

Please advise... And if you like, I can send you the spreadsheet?

Thanks,
Gary

Growe1;270399 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Growe1, why not join our (link below) for free!, when making a post you
can attach a workbook before submitting, if you do join and make a post
regarding this please try to post in this thread (link below) so that
people who have been helping or following can still continue to do so!

Growe1;270399 Wrote:
[...]

'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage' (
http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon

Lloyd' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: 'Who's up for a Challenge? - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75381)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75381

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simon Lloyd;270788 Wrote:
Growe1, why not join our (link below) for free!, when making a post you
can attach a workbook before submitting, if you do join and make a post
regarding this please try to post in this thread (link below) so that
people who have been helping or following can still continue to do so!

Thanks Simon, and I followed your advice to join your forum.

Attached is the excel file I was referring too. Please see if you can
help me solve this formula.

Best Regards,
Gary Rowe

|Filename: Working_Copy_-__Excel_Payment_Schedule__2009.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=99|

Growe1
Growe1's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=173
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75381

A challenge doss04 New Users to Excel 0 October 22nd 08 08:03 AM
Here's a challenge... thorshammer Excel Worksheet Functions 4 August 12th 08 06:15 PM
Challenge OwenGiryluk Excel Worksheet Functions 10 October 1st 07 10:33 PM
A Challenge Jazzer Excel Worksheet Functions 3 July 8th 05 05:08 PM
Who is up for a challenge? Jambruins Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 12th 05 08:23 PM