Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox Hiding Text behind

Hi,

I'm using an activex combobox that I have placed over a cell on a
spreadsheet. The combobox refers to a table on another sheet and is
populated using additem and the DropButtonClick event.

***In order to clear the contents of the previous DropButtonClick I
use combobox.clear*** Is there any other way this should be performed?

Further, I use the click event to populate the cell behind the
combobox with the value selected by the user.

My problem is the selection made by the user disappears from the
combobox after selection. It seems the DropButtonClick event runs
twice (once when the list drops down and once when the list pops up
again). This results in the user selection disappearing from the
combobox as I have combobox.clear at the beginning of the
procedure!!.

To overcome this I tried changing the backstyle of the combobox to
Transparent so I could see the text in the cell behind but this
doesn't seem to make any difference.

The reason I'm using this control is because the list long and I can't
control the font size using either a Validation list or a standard
excel combobox. (Unless somebody can suggest a way this can be done?)

Does anybody have any suggestions? I assumed this would be an easy
task!!!!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try moving your code to populate the ComboBox to the
Worksheet_Activate() procedure.

Hth,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 18, 5:25 pm, merjet wrote:
Try moving your code to populate the ComboBox to the
Worksheet_Activate() procedure.

Hth,
Merjet

That did the trick, thanks Marjet