Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Split Cells

I have sheets full of data all in one column. There is no way to get
the info out of our system other than to copy whats on screen. In
doing this it dumps it all into column A. It does enter into multiple
rows which is but I need to extract data from the cells.

What I want to do is have a macro that can either:

1. Look in the cells for a space and every time it finds a space
insert it into a new column.

or

2. Can look in the cell for block of alphanumeric data. Say 10
characters long and if it finds a group of 10 characters to insert
that into another cell.

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1. Look in the cells for a space and every time it finds a space
insert it into a new column.

Use the menu Data | Text to Columns.

Hth,
Merjet