Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MSXML2.XMLHTTP Works with IE6, IE6 SP 1 but not with IE6 SP 2 - wh

i hope someone can give me some much needed insight into this bug. i have
been using:

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

for the longest time and it has never let me down - until recently when i
'ipgraded' from XP to XP SP-2, and IE6 went to SP-2 along with it. now,
instead of working for all types of web links, my program shuts down when it
comes across a 'https' page. i never had a problem ever with his code:
-- code

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
logfl = "https://my.site.com"
objHTTP.Open "POST", logfl, True
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Keep-Alive", "300"
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Connection", "Keep-Alive"
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
objHTTP.send
Do While objHTTP.ReadyState < 4
DoEvents
Loop

--- /code

i am really hoping thee is a quick fix to this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MSXML2.XMLHTTP Works with IE6, IE6 SP1 not with IE6 SP2 (typo fix)

i hope someone can give me some much needed insight into this bug. i have
been using:

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

for the longest time and it has never let me down - until recently when i
'upgraded' from XP to XP SP-2, and IE6 went to SP-2 along with it. now,
instead of working for all types of web links, my program shuts down when it
comes across a 'https' page. i never had a problem ever with this code:
-- code

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
logfl = "https://my.site.com"
objHTTP.Open "POST", logfl, True
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Keep-Alive", "300"
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Connection", "Keep-Alive"
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
objHTTP.send
Do While objHTTP.ReadyState < 4
DoEvents
Loop

--- /code

i am really hoping there is a quick fix to this.