Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Searching for multiple words in a cell

Hi,

I have a table with hundreds of rows and in each of them I need to
search if a specified column has one or more specific words. An
example will ease the explanation:

Excel table
joao trav casq
pedro kry toog
casq joao brigs

Criteria: I need to find which cells contain the words joao OR casq -
actually, the real criteria will involve around 10 different words so
that cascaded ORs in a SEARCH is a difficult task)

Aimed result:

Excel table
joao trav casq True
pedro kry toog False
casq joao brigs True

Is there any function that will allow me to achieve this ?
If not, can anyone share how to code this ?

Thanks/Brgds
Joao

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could setup a list with your names to search for and then use
conditional formatting on the cells with a formula of

=ISNUMBER(FIND(rngNames,A1))

where rngNames is the list, and A1 is the first cell to be highlighted (But
you can select them all at once). Then just select a pattern to highlight
with.

--
HTH

Bob