Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SDH SDH is offline

Default Command button calculation from Userform and Cell reference

I have a userform that has a 'Product' listbox and a 'Quantity' textbox. The
cost of the 'Product' is on a product worksheet. I have a command button on
the Userform called 'Cost'. When clicked i need this button to calculate the
cost of the purchase i.e. purchase price = 'quantity' in text box multiplied
by cost of product. I would like it to be displayed either in a userform or a
message box with an ok button.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

something like:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
If ListBox1.Value < "" And TextBox1.Value < "" Then
MsgBox "Total Purchase price is " & ListBox1.Value * TextBox1.Value

Where Listbox1 = Product
and
Textbox1 = Quanity

Corey....
"SDH" wrote in message
I have a userform that has a 'Product' listbox and a 'Quantity' textbox. The
cost of the 'Product' is on a product worksheet. I have a command button on
the Userform called 'Cost'. When clicked i need this button to calculate the
cost of the purchase i.e. purchase price = 'quantity' in text box multiplied
by cost of product. I would like it to be displayed either in a userform or a
message box with an ok button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SDH SDH is offline

Very similar Corey, except that the Product ListBox1 is the name of the
product and refers to a cell in column A of the worksheet, where the price of
the product selected is in column B and is the required reference to multiply
against the Quantity entered in TextBox1

"SDH" wrote in message
I have a userform that has a 'Product' listbox and a 'Quantity' textbox. The
cost of the 'Product' is on a product worksheet. I have a command button on
the Userform called 'Cost'. When clicked i need this button to calculate the
cost of the purchase i.e. purchase price = 'quantity' in text box multiplied
by cost of product. I would like it to be displayed either in a userform or a
message box with an ok button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

iPos = 0
On Error Resume Next
iPos = Application.Match(lstProducts.Value,
Worksheets("Data").Columns(1),0)
On Error Goto 0
If iPos 0 Then
MsgBox "Total Purchase price is " &
Worksheets("Data").Cells(iPos,2).Value,* txtQty.Value

HTH

Bob

"SDH" wrote in message
I have a userform that has a 'Product' listbox and a 'Quantity' textbox.
The
cost of the 'Product' is on a product worksheet. I have a command button
on
the Userform called 'Cost'. When clicked i need this button to calculate
the
cost of the purchase i.e. purchase price = 'quantity' in text box
multiplied
by cost of product. I would like it to be displayed either in a userform
or a
message box with an ok button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SDH SDH is offline

thanks Bob, but it is still not working. i have enough knowledge to be
dangerous as they say. i get a syntax error on the MsgBox line at the *.

"SDH" wrote in message
I have a userform that has a 'Product' listbox and a 'Quantity' textbox.
The
cost of the 'Product' is on a product worksheet. I have a command button
on
the Userform called 'Cost'. When clicked i need this button to calculate
the
cost of the purchase i.e. purchase price = 'quantity' in text box
multiplied
by cost of product. I would like it to be displayed either in a userform
or a
message box with an ok button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SDH SDH is offline

this is the code i have for my lstProducts if that helps.

Private Function UniqueItemList(InputRange As Range, _
HorizontalList As Boolean) As Variant
Dim cl As Range, cUnique As New Collection, i As Long, uList() As Variant
Application.Volatile
On Error Resume Next
For Each cl In InputRange
If cl.Formula < "" Then
cUnique.Add cl.Value, CStr(cl.Value)
End If
Next cl
UniqueItemList = ""
If cUnique.Count 0 Then
ReDim uList(1 To cUnique.Count)
For i = 1 To cUnique.Count
uList(i) = cUnique(i)
Next i
UniqueItemList = uList
If Not HorizontalList Then
UniqueItemList = _
Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(UniqueItem List)
On Error GoTo 0
End Function