Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding and transfering data

On Sheet1 I have 5 cols A to E. At any stage when I activate a cell (any row)
in Col A, by pressing a macro key or other button, I would like the program
to switch to Sheet2 to give me an option the select say, the name in Col A
and the age in Col E. I would like to obtain this without scrolling through
500 names on the list, if possible. Once allocated on Sheet2, I want to place
the selected name and age into Sheet1 in Col A and Col E respectively (note
the cells on Sheet1, B,C and D are blank). Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use a worksheet double click event to do this. Are you saying that
you have a list of names in sheet 2 and when you select the ROW in col a of
sheet 1 you want col a and e of the same row in sheet 2 copied to sheet1????
An example would be helpful.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Anton Jansen" wrote in message
On Sheet1 I have 5 cols A to E. At any stage when I activate a cell (any
row)
in Col A, by pressing a macro key or other button, I would like the
program
to switch to Sheet2 to give me an option the select say, the name in Col A
and the age in Col E. I would like to obtain this without scrolling
through
500 names on the list, if possible. Once allocated on Sheet2, I want to
place
the selected name and age into Sheet1 in Col A and Col E respectively
(note
the cells on Sheet1, B,C and D are blank). Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don, I am new to 'Discussion Group' queries so I try to make my questions as
brief as possible because someone wrote back to me once telling me that these
'Groups' are NOT chat sessions, so therefore if my querie seems long winded
plse tell me.
I am making a quote program. Sheet1 is the work sheet and Sheet2 contains
various bits of data to use in Sheet1. Sheet1 has for example got 6 cols A
thru F. I enter a code, e.g. 101 in col A row 1. Using the LOOKUP function in
Col B row 1, it finds what this code means from a list anywhere on Sheet2 and
places it in Sheet1 col B row 1. I then type in a description in Col C row 1
and the price in col F row 1. Not to complicate things, all cols D and E are
blank on Sheet1(for other data). I then go to Sheet1 col A row 2 and enter
the next code, e.g. 103 and so on. NOW, ONLY when I enter a code 106, LOOKUP
will place the meaning in col B. When the program is now waiting in col C for
a description, this applies only to code 106, I want to run a macro which
will take me to Sheet2, give me an option to select the item from a list of
say 500 entries and place the selection TOGETHER with the price on Sheet1 col
C (description) AND col F (the price). I then continue with the next row on
Sheet1, and so on.