Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default transfering data between sheets

I need a formula that says something to the effect of:

IF the value in H=1 THEN transfer said row to sheet 2
IF the value in H=2 THEN transfer said row to sheet 3
etc.

I need all the information in the row to transfer, and have no idea how to
do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

More info needed but a macro like

with sheets("sheet2")
lr=.cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1
rows(range("h1")).copy .cells(lr,1)
end with

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Parker Jones" wrote in message
I need a formula that says something to the effect of:

IF the value in H=1 THEN transfer said row to sheet 2
IF the value in H=2 THEN transfer said row to sheet 3
etc.

I need all the information in the row to transfer, and have no idea how to
do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I need a formula that says something to the effect of:

IF the value in A1=2 THEN transfer (or show) A1:A10 to next available row in
sheet 2
IF the value in A1=3 THEN transfer (or show) A1:A10 to next available row in
sheet 3
etc.

I need the information in the row to transfer to the next available row,
and have no idea how to do it.

IF(A1=2,(?????),IF(A1=3,(?????),"bad"))

????? needs to transfer A1:A10 to next available row in another sheet

If you can help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks Don, I was just wondering where to put that formula.

My master list is on Sheet 2 and I need the value in column H (3-12) to
transfer its row (ex: A5-J5) to the sheet corresponding to H (3-12).

So if H5 reads 7 then A5:J5 have to move to the next available row on sheet
seven.

Thank you for all of your help so far.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It is a macro. Read this and modify to suit. If all else fails send to me
and I'll look later.
If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro
at:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Parker Jones" wrote in message
Thanks Don, I was just wondering where to put that formula.

My master list is on Sheet 2 and I need the value in column H (3-12) to
transfer its row (ex: A5-J5) to the sheet corresponding to H (3-12).

So if H5 reads 7 then A5:J5 have to move to the next available row on
sheet
seven.

Thank you for all of your help so far.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I sent an attachment to your email. Thank you for all of you help. It is
kinder than you know.