Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Clear Contents at 5PM daily

Hi, I need a macro to run at 5 pm daily to clear out the days notes on a
shared workbook. Each worker has a notation page, cell B6. All of them are
B6, all B6 cells except for the front page called "Note Tracker" need
cleared. Should I run an OnTime macro to clear these, and how do i set it
for a clock time rather than a delay interval. Also, If no one is using this
program at the time, will these clear. I need it to clear even if no one is
accessing the program at the time, when it is on the server. Should this
Macro be put under General or should it be on each sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe Cuck's site will help:

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/ontime.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you look up OnTime in the VB Editor's Help, there is an example for
5 PM.

Hth,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

P.S. As best I know, the workbook must be open for the procedure to
work.

Hth,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yah, I looked at this before and didn't really understand it. I'm just a
college kid working in an office, given this job to do. I haven't had any
classes in Excel, I've just taught myself what i know. I simply didn't
understand the code on this page, and don't know how it would apply to my
problem?
Can anyone give me the 411 on these lines, and how they could apply to my
problem?

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Maybe Cuck's site will help:

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/ontime.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When using the OnTime method, you need to be aware that it uses your computer
time as the trigger mecanism for running the code. If your computer time is
wrong, the code will run at the wrong time. There is the possibility of the
time being affected by power outages if the computer backup battery is weak
or needs replacement.

"newguyA14" wrote:

Hi, I need a macro to run at 5 pm daily to clear out the days notes on a
shared workbook. Each worker has a notation page, cell B6. All of them are
B6, all B6 cells except for the front page called "Note Tracker" need
cleared. Should I run an OnTime macro to clear these, and how do i set it
for a clock time rather than a delay interval. Also, If no one is using this
program at the time, will these clear. I need it to clear even if no one is
accessing the program at the time, when it is on the server. Should this
Macro be put under General or should it be on each sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe Cuck's site will help:

Who's Cuck?

--