Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MK MK is offline

Default About Officemenu(RibbonX)

I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side of
Officemenu to non-display.
Is there a method?
Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MK MK is offline

Thank you.
And, I want to do "Excel option" to non-display.

"MK" wrote:

I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side of
Officemenu to non-display.
Is there a method?
Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tools - OPtions - General

No such thing in Excel 2007.

While you can set the number of files to display under Excel Options in
Excel 2007, when you set it to zero, that wipes out the user's MRU list. So
if this setting is reset later there are no files there. Users will not
thank you for this.

This is no way to block this list from appearing short of zeroing it out.
You can disable the list by Application.DataEntryMode=True (or xlStrict).
This also disables Excel Options and is the only way to do that, as far as I
know.

--
Jim
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
| Tools - OPtions - General
| Deselect recently used file list
|

| "MK" wrote:
|
| I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side of
| Officemenu to non-display.
| Is there a method?
| Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MK MK is offline

Thank you very much.

I was able to solve it.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Tools - OPtions - General

No such thing in Excel 2007.

While you can set the number of files to display under Excel Options in
Excel 2007, when you set it to zero, that wipes out the user's MRU list. So
if this setting is reset later there are no files there. Users will not
thank you for this.

This is no way to block this list from appearing short of zeroing it out.
You can disable the list by Application.DataEntryMode=True (or xlStrict).
This also disables Excel Options and is the only way to do that, as far as I
know.

--
Jim
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
| Tools - OPtions - General
| Deselect recently used file list
|

| "MK" wrote:
|
| I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side of
| Officemenu to non-display.
| Is there a method?
| Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MK MK is offline

However, data cannot be input.
How should I do to be able to input data, and to disables it?

"MK" wrote:

Thank you very much.

I was able to solve it.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Tools - OPtions - General

No such thing in Excel 2007.

While you can set the number of files to display under Excel Options in
Excel 2007, when you set it to zero, that wipes out the user's MRU list. So
if this setting is reset later there are no files there. Users will not
thank you for this.

This is no way to block this list from appearing short of zeroing it out.
You can disable the list by Application.DataEntryMode=True (or xlStrict).
This also disables Excel Options and is the only way to do that, as far as I
know.

--
Jim
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
| Tools - OPtions - General
| Deselect recently used file list
|

| "MK" wrote:
|
| I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side of
| Officemenu to non-display.
| Is there a method?
| Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The way you use Application.DataEntryMode is to first make sure all the
input cells have the Locked format removed. Then you have to select the
input range (the range you want the user to be able to roam about), and then
you set the mode.

If you set it to True users can press Esc to exit DEM. If you set it to
xlStrict they cannot however you must give them (or yourself) a way to exit
DEM (Application.DataEntryMode=False).

This is very old technology. The EnableSelection and ScrollArea methods
introduced in Excel 97 were supposed to supercede it. But without DEM there
is no way to disable Excel Options or the Recent Documents list (as far as I
know). MS did not do developers a favor.

--
Jim
"MK" wrote in message
However, data cannot be input.
How should I do to be able to input data, and to disables it?

"MK" wrote:

Thank you very much.

I was able to solve it.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Tools - OPtions - General

No such thing in Excel 2007.

While you can set the number of files to display under Excel Options in
Excel 2007, when you set it to zero, that wipes out the user's MRU
list. So
if this setting is reset later there are no files there. Users will
not
thank you for this.

This is no way to block this list from appearing short of zeroing it
out.
You can disable the list by Application.DataEntryMode=True (or
xlStrict).
This also disables Excel Options and is the only way to do that, as far
as I
know.

--
Jim
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message
| Tools - OPtions - General
| Deselect recently used file list
|

| "MK" wrote:
|
| I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side
of
| Officemenu to non-display.
| Is there a method?
| Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MK MK is offline

Thank you.

I used xlStrict.
but, Unlocked-cell cannot be selected.
And,when returning up after it scrolls below, The Row-numberstring is out of
order.

A B C D E ...
1
2
3
20 <- Why?
21 <- Why?
6
7
..

And, when worksheet is changed, it becomes xlOff without permission.

I confirmed "DataEntryMode" by Excel help documents.
And, You are right

but, it did not operate like help.

Is this Bug?

I tried below sourcecode.

-----Code for test - start------------
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Sheet1
.Unprotect
.Range("A1:B10").Locked = False
.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
.Protect userinterfaceonly:=True
End With
Application.DataEntryMode = xlStrict
End Sub
-----Code for test - end------------

"MK" wrote in message
However, data cannot be input.
How should I do to be able to input data, and to disables it?

"MK" wrote:

Thank you very much.

I was able to solve it.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Tools - OPtions - General

No such thing in Excel 2007.

While you can set the number of files to display under Excel Options in
Excel 2007, when you set it to zero, that wipes out the user's MRU
list. So
if this setting is reset later there are no files there. Users will
not
thank you for this.

This is no way to block this list from appearing short of zeroing it
out.
You can disable the list by Application.DataEntryMode=True (or
xlStrict).
This also disables Excel Options and is the only way to do that, as far
as I
know.

--
Jim
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message
| Tools - OPtions - General
| Deselect recently used file list
|

| "MK" wrote:
|
| I want to do "Recent Documents" and "Excel Options" on right side
of
| Officemenu to non-display.
| Is there a method?
| Please teach me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MK MK is offline

I'm sorry.
And, I am shameful.

It is necessary to select cells.
My hope can be achieved.

Thank you.

"MK" wrote in message
However, data cannot be input.
How should I do to be able to input data, and to disables it?

"MK" wrote:

Thank you very much.

I was able to solve it.