Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extend Excel C API add-in for using RibbonX API

Hi All,
My first question is this possible?

Most examples I have seen show how to extend a COM addin to use the
ribbon API.
I have an Excel Add-in that uses the C API (it uses the xlw wrapper
that is available on sourceforge.net). This addin has its own seperate
menu, with a bunch of menu items, that are functions/wizards. This add-
in works fine in Excel 2007.

I would now like to extend my addin to now use the RibbonX API, so
that instead of using the menus, the users can click on the buttons.

I think the issue here is whether i can "tie in" the C API menu items
to the callbacks that must be called by the buttons on the ribbons.

What's the optimal way to design this?

Additional details:
My project is compiled in VS2003, but can easily be compiled in VS2005
as well. In addition, my addin, does interact with a dotNET component,
that has a COM interface. The addin uses the dotNET part to display
the wizards (it was just so much neater and easier to do in dotNET)
but still uses the Excel C API to interact with Excel.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.