Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sendkey problem

Hello

i know that sendkey is to be avoided but just a quick question.

I have a program that I am trying to alt tab to (NewProgram), Ctrl C
to get info, then alt tab back to excel and paste in range a1.

The problem is that NewProgram doesnt support vba so the line

Application.SendKeys ("%{TAB}^c%{TAB}")

only alt tabs to NewProgram but doesnt copy or tab back to excel
because NewProgram doesnt support vba.

Any simple way around this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The NewApp does not need the understand VBA for the Sendkeys to <in theory
work.
However, as the {%Tab} brings up the windows selection dialog, you still
have to move as required with future Tabs. Also it there is no telling where
the copy is being directed in the selected app..
Depending on the nature of the NewApp, this may prove difficult to
impossible.

Look into AppActivate, GetObject and possible Shell, DDE depending what the
destination app supports.

NickHK

"kaiser" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

i know that sendkey is to be avoided but just a quick question.

I have a program that I am trying to alt tab to (NewProgram), Ctrl C
to get info, then alt tab back to excel and paste in range a1.

The problem is that NewProgram doesnt support vba so the line

Application.SendKeys ("%{TAB}^c%{TAB}")

only alt tabs to NewProgram but doesnt copy or tab back to excel
because NewProgram doesnt support vba.

Any simple way around this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"kaiser" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello

i know that sendkey is to be avoided but just a quick question.

I have a program that I am trying to alt tab to (NewProgram), Ctrl C
to get info, then alt tab back to excel and paste in range a1.

The problem is that NewProgram doesnt support vba so the line

Application.SendKeys ("%{TAB}^c%{TAB}")

only alt tabs to NewProgram but doesnt copy or tab back to excel
because NewProgram doesnt support vba.

Any simple way around this?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply - no luck with those options..thanks anyway

sendkey help needed Ryk Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 November 6th 06 04:50 AM
Sendkey Jordan Excel Programming 1 November 9th 05 03:12 AM
SENDKEY method jason Excel Programming 4 November 3rd 04 05:13 PM
sendkey problem Anders Andersson[_2_] Excel Programming 5 September 29th 04 05:53 PM
SendKey Question Matt Excel Programming 0 August 9th 04 07:59 PM