Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DW DW is offline

Default Pls Help! Sending data to an IE web form.

I'm trying to send data from an excel (2007) spreadsheet to an IE (6) web
form.
Can someone suggest the best method possible?

I've tried sendkeys, and it only works sometimes.

Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DW DW is offline

Thanks Tim.....I did find something out on Tek-Tips.com...using the
getfields/setfields......I'll see how that will work.

Don

"DW" wrote in message
I'm trying to send data from an excel (2007) spreadsheet to an IE (6) web
form.
Can someone suggest the best method possible?

I've tried sendkeys, and it only works sometimes.

Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 9, 11:10 pm, "DW" wrote:
I'm trying to send data from an excel (2007) spreadsheet to an IE (6)web
form.
Can someone suggest the best method possible?

I've tried sendkeys, and it only works sometimes.

Thanks,
Don

You can try SWExplorerAutomation (SWEA) from http://webiussoft.com.
SWEA is very reliable, fast IE automation framework. SWEA records
automation scripts and generates C# or VB.NET code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DW DW is offline

Thanks alex and Tim, but this is not anything that needs C or VB. The
spreadsheet just has a list of #'s that need to be sent to a web page so
information can then be viewed on that web page. Just something to eliminate
a lot of cutting and pasting.

In the past (XL 2003), I used (for this project) sendkeys commands and they
worked great. Now, with 2007 (XL 2007 Standard), they do not always hit the
fields on the web page (or at least do not seem to). Here's what I've been
using so far (userid's and passwords changed to protect the innocent :) ).
What I'd like to be able to do, is change this to something better, in the
event the webmaster changes the site, AND even tho this runs quick, so the
user can do something else besides twiddle their thumbs.

Thanks,

Don

Spreadsheet List Example:

27278

28234

29362

29379

29550

29552

29554

29556

30091

30094

Code:

Sub tabIE()

Dim objIE As Object

Dim response As String

Dim msg As String

msg = "How many items are you checking?"

response = InputBox(msg)

Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

With objIE

.Visible = True

.navigate
"https://www.smcorp.com/weborder/smc_stockchk.asp?mscssid=22895545+++++++++++++++++ +++++++"

.resizable = True

End With

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:30"))

SendKeys "USERID"

SendKeys "{TAB}"

SendKeys "PASSWORD"

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

SendKeys "~"

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:05"))

Call tabIE2(response)

ActiveWorkbook.Save

Set objIE = Nothing

End Sub

Sub tabIE2(response As String)

Dim msg As String

SendKeys response

SendKeys "~"

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:03"))

For k = 1 To 10

SendKeys "{TAB}"

Next k

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

For j = 1 To 17

SendKeys "{TAB}"

Next j

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

For i = 0 To response

SendKeys ActiveCell.Value

SendKeys "{TAB}"

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

If i = 0 Then

Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 3

Else

If i = response Then

ActiveCell.Cells(1, 2).Activate

msg = "Left off here"

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = msg

ActiveCell.Cells(1, -1).Activate

ActiveCell.Cells(2, 1).Select

Next i

Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

SendKeys "~"

End Sub

"alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 9, 11:10 pm, "DW" wrote:
I'm trying to send data from an excel (2007) spreadsheet to an IE (6)web
form.
Can someone suggest the best method possible?

I've tried sendkeys, and it only works sometimes.

Thanks,
Don

You can try SWExplorerAutomation (SWEA) from http://webiussoft.com.
SWEA is very reliable, fast IE automation framework. SWEA records
automation scripts and generates C# or VB.NET code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 11, 2:03 pm, "DW" wrote:
[...]

"alex" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 9, 11:10 pm, "DW" wrote:
I'm trying to send data from an excel (2007) spreadsheet to an IE (6)web
form.
Can someone suggest the best method possible?

I've tried sendkeys, and it only works sometimes.

Thanks,
Don

You can try SWExplorerAutomation (SWEA) fromhttp://webiussoft.com.
SWEAis very reliable, fast IE automation framework. SWEArecords
automation scripts and generates C# or VB.NET code.- Hide quoted text -

Don,

You can use C# or VB.NET(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/
aa168292(office.11).aspx) in Excel instead VB for applications you use
in
the script.

-Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

You're already using VB(A) and automation, so just ditch the sendkeys and
use the HTML document object model instead.

If the webmaster changes the basic site design/layout it *will* break your
code, whatever approach you use.

Tim

"DW" wrote in message
[...]

"alex" wrote in message