Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Windows in Task Bar in Excel 2003

Hello,

I have just moved from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. In the Tools/Options/View
menu I have selected "Windows in Task Bar". In Excel 2000, all my Excel
files were displayed in the task bar and it was very convenient to switch
quickly between files.

In Excel 2003, there is a drop down menu that I must select to see all my
open Excel files. This slows me down and I was wondering if there was a way
to set this feature to work like it does in Excel 2000, where I can see all
the open files.

Any help is much appreciated.

John M
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select Tools, Options, View and click on the option for Windows in Taskbar

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"John M" wrote in message
Hello,

I have just moved from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. In the
Tools/Options/View
menu I have selected "Windows in Task Bar". In Excel 2000, all my Excel
files were displayed in the task bar and it was very convenient to switch
quickly between files.

In Excel 2003, there is a drop down menu that I must select to see all my
open Excel files. This slows me down and I was wondering if there was a
way
to set this feature to work like it does in Excel 2000, where I can see
all
the open files.

Any help is much appreciated.

John M

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

Right-click on the taskbar, then select properties.

Uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons"

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano