Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detect Excel was started with Windows Task Scheduler

Using Excel 2000 to 2003.
I need to somehow detect that Excel was started with the Task Scheduler.
I don't need to open any particular workbook, but Excel has an add-in
installed that will open
(but load, so tick under Tools, Add-ins) an other add-in. This second add-in
will run code
with the workbook Open event. This code should only run though if Excel was
started with
the scheduler.
I have found only solution sofar, which involves opening a workbook with the
/p flag with a directory
as an argument but this doesn't work.
Thanks for any advice with this tricky problem.

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Found a solution to this.
Maybe not the nicest one (the Windows task won't show the Excel icon), but
it works.
The Windows task will start a .bat file with this text:

@echo off
%1test c:\zzzzz.txt
start Excel
exit

My add-in will check for the presence of this file and if it is there kill
it and run the code.
Will be interested if somebody has a better solution.

RBS