Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modifying hyperlink beyond default options

Hi.

I have a hyperlink that takes the user to range called "data_input".
The range address is $A$40:$I$67.

How can I modify the hyperlink so that it still takes the user to this
range, but then activates only cell A40? I tried changing the hyperlink
to point only to cell A40, but this doesn't bring the whole range into
the user's view (which is required). Is there a way to modify the
hyperlink code to activate only cell A40?

Thanks.
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The hyperlink actually Selects the "data_input" range. Since $A$40 is the
first cell in that range, it will always be the active cell after the
hyperlink is clicked, even though the entire range is selected.

If you are talking about activating $A$40 without having the entire range
selected, give cell $A$40 a name and hyperlink to that name.

Regards,

Alan

"Michael Siegel" wrote in message
Hi.

I have a hyperlink that takes the user to range called "data_input".
The range address is $A$40:$I$67.

How can I modify the hyperlink so that it still takes the user to this
range, but then activates only cell A40? I tried changing the hyperlink
to point only to cell A40, but this doesn't bring the whole range into
the user's view (which is required). Is there a way to modify the
hyperlink code to activate only cell A40?

Thanks.
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the response Alan.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about - having cell $A$40 activated
without the whole range selected. However, there is an additional
problem. I did give cell $A$40 a name - but if I link to that name, the
rest of the range is not in view (it is below the bottom of the screen)
when the user clicks the "Jump to Input" hyperlink.

My goal is to 1) have only $A$40 selected but 2) have the entire range
in view when the "Jump to Input" link is clicked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:

With ActiveWindow
.ScrollColumn = 1
.ScrollRow = 40
End With

Dmitry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Dmitry - this is exactly what I'm looking for. However, how
do I incorporate this into the hyperlink itself?

Thanks.
Michael