Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Major 2007 Excel Problem

We recently changed to Office 2007 all our previous work done in Excel 2003.
Almost immeadiately our 2003 programs using in house designed UserForms began
giving us problems -- we have tried all the new file extensions etc all to
no avail -- the only way we seem to be able to resolve the problem is that on
opening Excel we have to compile and save in VBA then everything runs ok in
that program, if we have to close down Excel and then reopen again its
compile and save before use. We have tried compile and save before closing
again it will not run without compile and save on re-opening. Any suggestions
out there??? re-writing in 2007 is not really an option some of the stuff is
to big.
--
Many thanks

hazel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hazel

It is impossible to know without some example and where it is going wrong.
What do you mean by 'Compile'?

There are some issues with VBA in Excel 2007, particularly around the chart
and shapes area, but most code should run ok.

Let us have a little more specifics

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick

Thanks for the response :- Here goes - Open Excel program e.g. Fed1 on the
Ribbon click Developer Open Visual Basic Debug Compile VBA Project
Save.
Program Fed1 runs OK no problem - close down Save Changes Re Open Fed1
have to go through the same proceedure as above.

Does this help???
--
Many thanks

hazel

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hazel, try Rob Bovey's code cleaner at
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm. It sounds like you have
old userforms and modules and perhaps replacing with new ones will solve.
I'm suspecting that very old ones do not get along well with Excel 2007.
Let us know.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think the real issue it, what goes wrong when you do not recompile. What
are the problems you alluded to? I've tried a number of our Excel apps in
2007 and, while I've had issues, none of them were addressed by a recompile.

--
Jim

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi All

I downloaded the code cleaner as suggested by Bob and it threw error it was
looping back through some old code that had not been commented out properly
when I eventually found it and cleared it out it ran perfectly. The Code
Cleaner is now permanently in the tools menu in VBA and will I'm sure be used
regularly.
--
Many thanks

hazel