Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert image in the excel cell.

Hi,
I would like to insert a cell an gif image in the excel cell.
i am using vsto se to create an add-in.
could any one please give me hint syntatically or by an idea.
thanks in advance.
~parm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Graphics are not stored in cells, but in the drawing layer.
As for the code, record a macro in Excel of the insertion then convert the
VBA to whatever language you are using.

NickHK

"parmanand" wrote in message
I would like to insert a cell an gif image in the excel cell.
i am using vsto se to create an add-in.
could any one please give me hint syntatically or by an idea.
thanks in advance.
~parm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,
i have used used following code to have an image in the excel cell using VBA.
ActiveSheet.Picture.Insert ("E:\\close_icon.gif")
How the above can be implemented for excel in .net.
~parm

"parmanand" wrote in message
I would like to insert a cell an gif image in the excel cell.
i am using vsto se to create an add-in.
could any one please give me hint syntatically or by an idea.
thanks in advance.
~parm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you do not know the .Net language, it would be better you ask in one of
those groups, or maybe a VSTO/Interop NG.
Most people here can help with the Excel/VBA. The translation is up to you.

NickHK

"parmanand" wrote in message
I would like to insert a cell an gif image in the excel cell.
i am using vsto se to create an add-in.
could any one please give me hint syntatically or by an idea.
thanks in advance.
~parm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ironically, I have exactly the same question, but I'm not following the
conversation. I would like to put an image file (tif, bmp, whatever) in an
Excel (2000) cell. I would like it to appear as a thumbnail, until someone
wants to see it (by clicking on it). Otherwise, figures floating around a a
complete mess.

thanks