Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 vb scripts and toolbars in 2007

With the help of many of you I have managed to put together a great tool for
my job.
Most of the tool relies on custom menus with scripts written (or recorded)
in Excel 2003.
Now that I am using 2007 I do not see the same menus (for obvious reasons).
I was wondering if there was a way (by add-in or whichever) that the menu
bars can appear as the did in 2003 in the 2007 version. Sort of classic view
for an XP desktop.
Otherwise I may have to resort to using 2003 which I am not too happy about.

Thankyou oh wise ones,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mr BT

You can try this to make your menus on the ribbon or use the examples
that use the old commandbars to create a menu that you can call in the QAT

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mr BT" wrote in message news:_ZGPh.11057$aG1.484@pd7urf3no...
With the help of many of you I have managed to put together a great tool for
my job.
Most of the tool relies on custom menus with scripts written (or recorded)
in Excel 2003.
Now that I am using 2007 I do not see the same menus (for obvious reasons).
I was wondering if there was a way (by add-in or whichever) that the menu
bars can appear as the did in 2003 in the 2007 version. Sort of classic view
for an XP desktop.
Otherwise I may have to resort to using 2003 which I am not too happy about.

Thankyou oh wise ones,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately 2007 does not support a classic view.

You can create custom ribbon tabs and groups though similar to the custom
commandbars you create in 2003. Ron gave you a link in his response.

--
HTH

Bob

"Mr BT" wrote in message
With the help of many of you I have managed to put together a great tool
for my job.
Most of the tool relies on custom menus with scripts written (or recorded)
in Excel 2003.
Now that I am using 2007 I do not see the same menus (for obvious
reasons).
I was wondering if there was a way (by add-in or whichever) that the menu
bars can appear as the did in 2003 in the 2007 version. Sort of classic
view for an XP desktop.
Otherwise I may have to resort to using 2003 which I am not too happy
about.

Thankyou oh wise ones,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have seen that before Ron (and I believe there is another which escape me
at present), but haven't tried it, must give it a try.

I was correct in saying that 2007 doesn't support it though <BG.

--
HTH

Bob

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Have you try this one Bob ?
http://addintools.com/

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Unfortunately 2007 does not support a classic view.

You can create custom ribbon tabs and groups though similar to the custom
commandbars you create in 2003. Ron gave you a link in his response.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Mr BT" wrote in message
With the help of many of you I have managed to put together a great tool
for my job.
Most of the tool relies on custom menus with scripts written (or
recorded) in Excel 2003.
Now that I am using 2007 I do not see the same menus (for obvious
reasons).
I was wondering if there was a way (by add-in or whichever) that the
menu bars can appear as the did in 2003 in the 2007 version. Sort of
classic view for an XP desktop.
Otherwise I may have to resort to using 2003 which I am not too happy
about.

Thankyou oh wise ones,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

but haven't tried it, must give it a try

Same for me (no time now, learning Expression Web now)

But I think we must look futher and not backand
forget about the old way in 2007 and up

I was correct in saying that 2007 doesn't support it though <BG.

Yep <g

--

"Mr BT" wrote in message
With the help of many of you I have managed to put together a great tool
for my job.
Most of the tool relies on custom menus with scripts written (or
recorded) in Excel 2003.
Now that I am using 2007 I do not see the same menus (for obvious
reasons).
I was wondering if there was a way (by add-in or whichever) that the
menu bars can appear as the did in 2003 in the 2007 version. Sort of
classic view for an XP desktop.
Otherwise I may have to resort to using 2003 which I am not too happy
about.

Thankyou oh wise ones,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Bob

But I think we must look futher and not backand
forget about the old way in 2007 and up

Absolutely with you all the way there my friend.