Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sloooooooooow Chart update on upgrade to 2007

Hi, not really a programer but just write a few macros to speed things up. I
have a set of sharts that I update based on about 35 sets of data. Each set
is assigned a range name and the macro just pastes the updated range into
the chart, simple. Recently upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007.
The macro work OK but it is now very slow (cf excewl 2003). What use to take
say 45 secs in 2003 now takess up to several minutes in 2007. PC is running
XP pro, Intel E6400 core 2 duo, 1 Gb ram
..
Code is essentially -

CURRENT_DATA = Item.Name
CHART_NUMBER = CURRENT_DATA & "_Chart_Number"
CHART_NAME = "Chart " & Range(CHART_NUMBER).Value
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(CHART_NAME).Activate
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
ActiveChart.SetSourceData
Source:=Sheets(CURRENT_DATA).Range(CURRENT_DATA), PlotBy _
:=xlColumns
This is really all the macro does, no additional calcs or anything.

Any suggestions as to why it runs so slow in 2007 comapred to Excel 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a widely reported issue in Excel 2007. I know of no workarounds.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions