Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003-how to apply identical info on numerous pages?

Greetings. I have a "master" document with columns of student names, and
about 40 different grades for each student.
when i enter the info on the Master sheet, it is supposed to automatically
plug the info in on subsequent pages, created for each individual student.
over the years, the files have been messed with so much, it doesn't work
anymore, so i'm starting over.
how do i make info from the Master page automatically be entered into the
student individual pages, so i don't have to type everything twice?
thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might want to try this.
I've assumed that all of the individual students paged will be the same. If
this is the case then you can use one of you orginal pages that works
correctly (by copying it into a new work book) or create a new one with the
links I descibed before in the cell you want them to be in and then save the
page as an Excel Template. Then as you create each students record sheet you
can use Edit - Replace and in Find enter the original column reference ($A)
and replace with a new column reference ($B) without the brackets.

Hope this helps

"instructor" wrote:

Greetings. I have a "master" document with columns of student names, and
about 40 different grades for each student.
when i enter the info on the Master sheet, it is supposed to automatically
plug the info in on subsequent pages, created for each individual student.
over the years, the files have been messed with so much, it doesn't work
anymore, so i'm starting over.
how do i make info from the Master page automatically be entered into the
student individual pages, so i don't have to type everything twice?
thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you are a brilliant man! i'm going to try that right now. my god, i've been
sitting here; copy/paste special/paste link for each and every box, one by
one.
thanks so much Mark!
h.