Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compatibility checker in excel 2007, turning it off

I need to save a folder full of excel files, but in .xls format. In 2007 it
always runs compatibility checker when saving in .xls. Is there a way to turn
this off in excel, turn it off with vba, or have code that would at least
check the ok box when asking if I still want to save in .xls format? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just did a quick test but it seems that stopping alerts block the
compatibility checker:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "book1", xlWorkbookNormal ''XL97-03

--
Jim
"Need Help Fast!" wrote in message
|I need to save a folder full of excel files, but in .xls format. In 2007 it
| always runs compatibility checker when saving in .xls. Is there a way to
turn
| this off in excel, turn it off with vba, or have code that would at least
| check the ok box when asking if I still want to save in .xls format?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Jim. It worked. You are a life saver.