Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Compatibility Checker

I'm finding that I'm getting a compatibility error within one workbook when I
run the compatibility checker. I have found that it depends on which
worksheet of the workbook is active when I run it. When I select some
sheets and run it, I get no error, and when I select others, I get an error
(and it's always the same one).

I'm getting the following error:

This workbook contains data in cells outside of the row and column limit of
the selected file format. Data beyond 256 (IV) columns by 65,536 rows will
not be saved. Formula references to data in this region will return a #REF!
error.

I can't find anything that might cause this problem. In the affected cells,
there is data validation and I've even removed it to see if it's the cause,
but have had no success. I'm also not finding any named ranges in this cell.
What's especially strange is that if I run the compatibility checker on the
worksheet with the supposed problem, it doesn't find anything.

Can someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cell that had the compatibility error referenced a cell that was merged
with another one. When I removed the merge of the reference cell, there was
no more compatibility error.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I merge the cells with the error and unmerge all of the other reference
cells, I'm still getting the error. The way this is set up, it really needs
to be merged (as much as I hate doing that). Does anyone have any ideas?