Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 12: Question about updating a table tied to a SQL query

I have a worksheet that contains a table linked to a SQL query. I have
added some columns to the sheet which contain additional information
for each row in the table through a series of macros. If I refresh the
data connection to pull in the latest items from the SQL table it
throws off all of the data in the columns I have manually added. Even
if I make sure my worksheet is sorted in the same way my SQL query
sorts the data I have the same problem. All of the additional
information I have added gets misaligned.

Is there a way to manage the addition of manually entered data in to a
query-based table successfully?

Thanks!