Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default more than 3 conditional formating

hi all, I have a worksheet with a large renge and i need to change the
colour of a cell dependant on the entry in it. I am not sure wher to
start as i would like to do it in VBA. Any suggestions ??

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You do not need VBA to do this. Use Conditional Formatting on the cell. Here
is a link to guide you.

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

Regards,

Alan

"Les Stout" wrote in message
hi all, I have a worksheet with a large renge and i need to change the
colour of a cell dependant on the entry in it. I am not sure wher to
start as i would like to do it in VBA. Any suggestions ??

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks R1C1, the problem is that i have 6 conditions and with the normal
conditional formating you can only have 3 ??

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

from david mcritchie's site:
If you need more than 3 colors for a cell (plus the default) then you can not
use C.F. alone and you would probably want to use an Event macro and would have
to specify your colors colors rather than simply selecting from a toolbar table.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

or
john mcgimpsey's site:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html
--

Gary

"Les Stout" wrote in message
hi all, I have a worksheet with a large renge and i need to change the
colour of a cell dependant on the entry in it. I am not sure wher to
start as i would like to do it in VBA. Any suggestions ??

Les Stout

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a million Gary, solved the problem... :)

Les Stout