Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formating

I want some of my cells to automatically change color by conditional formating.

1 condition for coloring/formating is that a separte cell on the spreadsheet
contains text ... how do I set the conditions for this?

1 condition for coloring/formating is that a separate cell has a number
above 0.. how do I set the condition for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To use Peo's formulas select the cell you want formatted. Select conditional
formatting. Change from cell value is to formula is and add the formulas.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=ISTEXT($A$2)

=AND(ISNUMBER($A$2),$A$20)

Peo Sjoblom

"Kathrine" wrote in message
I want some of my cells to automatically change color by conditional
formating.

1 condition for coloring/formating is that a separte cell on the
spreadsheet
contains text ... how do I set the conditions for this?

1 condition for coloring/formating is that a separate cell has a number
above 0.. how do I set the condition for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select A1 the formatcfcondition 1formula is:

=ISTEXT($B$1) format to green

Condition2Formula is:

=$B$10 format to red

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP