Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default My new Add-In is useless.

I just moved some forms and modules into a new workbook and saved it as an
Add-In, according to the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942.

I then installed the Add-In (using Tools | Add-Ins...), with a blank
workbook active. However, when I try to select one of the macros, the list
box is empty. Where did they go?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Allen

Add-ins macro not show up in Alt_F8
See this example
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html

Or this one

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Allen_N" wrote in message ...
I just moved some forms and modules into a new workbook and saved it as an
Add-In, according to the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942.

I then installed the Add-In (using Tools | Add-Ins...), with a blank
workbook active. However, when I try to select one of the macros, the list
box is empty. Where did they go?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron, but those didn't help.

All the examples I have seen refer to Excel 97. Is there another step to the
procedure in Excel 2003? A security issue, perhaps?

"Allen_N" wrote in message ...
I just moved some forms and modules into a new workbook and saved it as an
Add-In, according to the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942.

I then installed the Add-In (using Tools | Add-Ins...), with a blank
workbook active. However, when I try to select one of the macros, the list
box is empty. Where did they go?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

More info:

If I click on the XLA in the VBA Project Window and enter the password, I
can see the modules; the code within the modules/forms is visible in the Code
Window.

But, I still can't see any macros when I try to run them from the Tools menu
in a workbook.

"Allen_N" wrote:

I just moved some forms and modules into a new workbook and saved it as an
Add-In, according to the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942.

I then installed the Add-In (using Tools | Add-Ins...), with a blank
workbook active. However, when I try to select one of the macros, the list
box is empty. Where did they go?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Macros in an add-in do not show up under Alt+F8
Your add-in needs to create a custom toolbar/menu to call them.

If you just want macros available in any workbook using Alt+F8 then "Personal.xls" is an easier option.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Allen_N" wrote:

I just moved some forms and modules into a new workbook and saved it as an
Add-In, according to the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942.

I then installed the Add-In (using Tools | Add-Ins...), with a blank
workbook active. However, when I try to select one of the macros, the list
box is empty. Where did they go?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tim,

I'll look into that. Do you know where I can find some documentation? Many
of the links I've found are broken (it seems Microsoft deleted the How To
stuff for Excel 97 and didn't leave forwarding links to newer versions).