Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default My new Add-In is useless.

Macros in an add-in do not show up under Alt+F8
Your add-in needs to create a custom toolbar/menu to call them.

If you just want macros available in any workbook using Alt+F8 then "Personal.xls" is an easier option.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Allen_N" wrote in message ...
More info:

If I click on the XLA in the VBA Project Window and enter the password, I
can see the modules; the code within the modules/forms is visible in the Code
Window.

But, I still can't see any macros when I try to run them from the Tools menu
in a workbook.

"Allen_N" wrote:

I just moved some forms and modules into a new workbook and saved it as an
Add-In, according to the instructions at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942.

I then installed the Add-In (using Tools | Add-Ins...), with a blank
workbook active. However, when I try to select one of the macros, the list
box is empty. Where did they go?