Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting with Due Dates, and different colors for da

I have tried numerous ways to make the below work but I cant figure it out.
All of the cells change to the color, instead of just one.

I have a due date in Column E (manually entered) and need the following:
From 7 days before the due date up to the actual due date, the cell needs to
be Yellow. Anything from the due date forward, needs to be red.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting with Due Dates, and different colors fo

Brendan, yes you may choose the entire "E" Column, whatever the active cell
is, presumably "E1", is what you would type for the formula, Excel is smart
enough to change the row for the rest of the cells as long as you don't use a
$ in front of your row number.

--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Brendan" wrote:

I noticed you used A1 in the formula. Since I am using the entire E column,
can I simply highligh the entire column or so I have to do something else to
force each new entry on a subsequent row in the E column?

"Charles Chickering" wrote:

Brendan, you'll need to specify 2 conditional format conditions he
1 use this formula:
=A1<=TODAY()
and choose the pattern red
2 use this formula:
=(A1-TODAY())<7
and choose the pattern yellow

Post back if I misinterpreted something wrong
--

"Brendan" wrote:

I have tried numerous ways to make the below work but I cant figure it out.
All of the cells change to the color, instead of just one.

I have a due date in Column E (manually entered) and need the following:
From 7 days before the due date up to the actual due date, the cell needs to
be Yellow. Anything from the due date forward, needs to be red.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Brendan" wrote:

I have tried numerous ways to make the below work but I cant figure it out.
All of the cells change to the color, instead of just one.

I have a due date in Column E (manually entered) and need the following:
From 7 days before the due date up to the actual due date, the cell needs to
be Yellow. Anything from the due date forward, needs to be red.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Brendan" wrote:

I have tried numerous ways to make the below work but I cant figure it out.
All of the cells change to the color, instead of just one.

I have a due date in Column E (manually entered) and need the following:
From 7 days before the due date up to the actual due date, the cell needs to
be Yellow. Anything from the due date forward, needs to be red.