Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting question with colors

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select cell you want format in. Format - Conditional format.
Change first box to "formula is"
Input:
=A1="Frame"
Choose a light green pattern format.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Rich" wrote:

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Spoke too soon. I've tried it the way you said and it doesn't work. What
could I be doing wrong. I clicked on the cell I want colored or not, clicked
on Format-Conditional, entered =k18="yes", clicked on that format button and
entered the color and clicked OK. whether k18 says yes or no, the color
remains white.

"Rich" wrote:

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pardon my presumption of anm error on your part.

Might it be that you have set the font-color to the desired color and not
the "pattern"?

--
It's a little fit bunny, this feeling inside