-   -   Conditional Formatting question with colors (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225632-conditional-formatting-question-colors.html)

Rich

Conditional Formatting question with colors

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,

Luke M

Conditional Formatting question with colors

Select cell you want format in. Format - Conditional format.
Change first box to "formula is"
Input:
=A1="Frame"
Choose a light green pattern format.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Rich" wrote:

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,

Rich

Conditional Formatting question with colors

Spoke too soon. I've tried it the way you said and it doesn't work. What
could I be doing wrong. I clicked on the cell I want colored or not, clicked
on Format-Conditional, entered =k18="yes", clicked on that format button and
entered the color and clicked OK. whether k18 says yes or no, the color
remains white.

"Rich" wrote:

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,

EvilTony

Conditional Formatting question with colors

Pardon my presumption of anm error on your part.

Might it be that you have set the font-color to the desired color and not
the "pattern"?

--
It's a little fit bunny, this feeling inside

"Rich" wrote:

I know this has been answered many times but i can't put my hands on it right
now. How do I color a cell a certain color (codes?) based on the contents of
another cell. For example, if A1="Frame", then I want the cell to be light
green, if not cell remains clear of color.

Thanks,

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditional Formatting question with colors

Did you remember to change the CF option from "Cell value is" to "Formula
is" ?
--
David Biddulph