Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command Button visual delay

I have command buttons on my worksheet with macros attached. My
question/issue is with their appearance. They will execute as soon as
I click on them. But, I need to hold the mouse button down on them
for a second or two for the image to change to a "pushed in"
button. Is there some way to make this change quicker?...e.g.like
as I click on it...thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

that sounds like a toggle button instead of a command button. a
command button doesn't change it's looks after you've pushed it.
a toggle button does.
susan

On Mar 27, 10:29 am, "chuckm" wrote:
I have command buttons on my worksheet with macros attached. My
question/issue is with their appearance. They will execute as soon as
I click on them. But, I need to hold the mouse button down on them
for a second or two for the image to change to a "pushed in"
button. Is there some way to make this change quicker?...e.g.like
as I click on it...thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 27, 10:51 am, "Susan" wrote:
that sounds like a toggle button instead of a command button. a
command button doesn't change it's looks after you've pushed it.
a toggle button does.
susan

On Mar 27, 10:29 am, "chuckm" wrote:

I have command buttons on my worksheet with macros attached. My
question/issue is with their appearance. They will execute as soon as
I click on them. But, I need to hold the mouse button down on them
for a second or two for the image to change to a "pushed in"
button. Is there some way to make this change quicker?...e.g.like
as I click on it...thanks

Hi... well, I believe that is is a Command button. It was created
from the Control Toolbox tool bar and it is identified on the toolbar
as a command button.... But, how can I tell? And also, can I adjust
the amount of delay before it has the pushed in look? ...thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i thought you were saying they STAYED "pushed-in". but if it says
it's a command button, then it must be! :)
i don't know what the problem is with yours - my command buttons click
instantly, in & out.
do all your command buttons do this, or just this one? if they all do
it, it might be some sort of a memory problem with your computer. if
JUST this one does it, it must be something in the code.......
hth!
susan

On Mar 27, 12:12 pm, "chuckm" wrote:
On Mar 27, 10:51 am, "Susan" wrote:

that sounds like a toggle button instead of a command button. a
command button doesn't change it's looks after you've pushed it.
a toggle button does.
susan

On Mar 27, 10:29 am, "chuckm" wrote:

I have command buttons on my worksheet with macros attached. My
question/issue is with their appearance. They will execute as soon as
I click on them. But, I need to hold the mouse button down on them
for a second or two for the image to change to a "pushed in"
button. Is there some way to make this change quicker?...e.g.like
as I click on it...thanks

Hi... well, I believe that is is a Command button. It was created
from the Control Toolbox tool bar and it is identified on the toolbar
as a command button.... But, how can I tell? And also, can I adjust
the amount of delay before it has the pushed in look? ...thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can't you use a togglebutton instead of a regular button? If I did undertand
your question correctly the tooglebutton should give you the pushed in effect
you are looking for...