Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveWorkbook.SendMail With No Attachment or Can't Open Attachment

I'm using the following macro on a button on a spreadsheet to mail the
workbook to multiple people:

ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ",
", ") Subject:="Production Report",
ReturnReceipt:=False

I have about 19 address in the Array() part. Most people receive the
email with the attached spreadsheet. However, a couple of the
reipients only receive the message with no attachment or they receive
the attachment but cannot open it. When I have them forward the
message to me (the ones with or without an attachment-they claim), the
attachments are there and I can open them without any trouble. They
tell me that they don't have any trouble opening Excel attachments
from anyone else. I can also see all the attachments. They told me
their macro levels are set to low. It's like the attachment is there,
but they cannot access it. It is a corporate network using XP/
Exchange/Outlook 2003. I have administrator privelages while I am not
sure if the people with the problems have it or not. I don't know if
that makes any difference. I just know that most people are getting
it. Is there a different macro to try? Multiple people use this
spreadsheet on different computers, but it is the shift managers, and
they are not there at the same time of day using the spreadsheet at
the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveWorkbook.SendMail With No Attachment or Can't Open Attachmen

Soounds like settings on their end. You might have to go check it yourself.
Sometimes second and third shift personnel have a bulit in anomaly.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 26, 4:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

I figured out what the problem was. FYI to anyone that sees this
problem:

The problem was that Outlook has a hidden folder that it uses for
temporary attachment storage. I found that Outlook has trouble when
there are 100 temporary files with the same name. Since we always
send out the files with the same name, it keeps creating temporary
files with the same name:

When Outlook gets to 100 files in the temporary file folder with the
same name, your attachments with that name will become invisible, and
you will get the following error when you try to save or open the
"invisible" attachment:

Can't create file: Production Shift Report.xls. Right-Click the folder
you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the
shortcut menu to check your permissions on the folder.

This is basically saying you have too many temporary files with that
name, and you cannot open any other files with this name. Once you
clean out these files in the Outlook temporary folder, the attachments
should appear, and you should be able to open and save these
attachments.

The folder is located
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
\OLK**

The last 2 characters in the OLK** are random, and you will either
need to open an attachment and finding the file location in the
properties or search the registry for the OutlookSecureTempFolder key.

I didn't figure this out on my own but pieced it together from other
newsgroup posts.

Thanks,

-Chad