Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TreeView and RichTextBox don't show correctly (wrong size)?

I have a MS TreeView Control 6.0 (SP4) and some MS Rich Textbox Controls 6.0
(SP4) in a worhsheet. I am using Excel 2003.

The problem I have is when I open and reopen the workbook, those controls
don't show correctly, the size is not what I specified/designed. The
controls only are shown in a "tiny" window at the upper left corner of the
window that I specified/designed should be.
However, if I scroll the worksheet up/down a bit, the controls become
correct. I therefore quess this is an "updating-problem".

Why?

As a possible walk-around, what Method to use on ActiveSheet or ActiveWindow
to scroll up and down?

br Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I solved this by the following "walk-around":
..Cells(100,1).Select and then .Cells(1,1).Select right afterwards, such
that the sheet gets updated.

Still, anybody who knows the answer to my problem, please advice!

br Jim

"JimAnAmateur" skrev i melding
I have a MS TreeView Control 6.0 (SP4) and some MS Rich Textbox Controls
6.0 (SP4) in a worhsheet. I am using Excel 2003.

The problem I have is when I open and reopen the workbook, those controls
don't show correctly, the size is not what I specified/designed. The
controls only are shown in a "tiny" window at the upper left corner of the
window that I specified/designed should be.
However, if I scroll the worksheet up/down a bit, the controls become
correct. I therefore quess this is an "updating-problem".

Why?

As a possible walk-around, what Method to use on ActiveSheet or
ActiveWindow to scroll up and down?

br Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Jim -

Here's one version of the scrolling work-around as you suggested. Put this
in the module of the worksheet that contains your TreeView and RichTextBox
controls.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Cells(1, 1).Select
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).Select
Cells(1, 1).Select
End Sub
Also, check for my recent post in your recent 'ComboBox.RowSource?' thread.
--
Jay